I am a friendly, patient and professional female carer with more than 15 years experience of supporting adults, the elderly and young people who have special needs, including mental and physical disabilities and dementia. I help people within their own homes, both individuals and couples, providing support and assistance for families struggling to cope with caring for their loved ones.
I strongly believe that all people are individuals, regardless of impairment. It is important to understand and meet the needs of each person in your care, to ensure they live a fulfilled and as independent life as is possible within their own home.
I am able to work with people with a wide variety of needs to help them live meaningful lives to the best of their potential.
Getting old and having disabilities, doesn’t mean that the fun has to stop. Whilst working with a new client, I take time to get to know them and their families to discuss their needs and interests.
A TAILORED SERVICE TO MEET CLIENTS NEEDS
- Respite service – to enable carers to have a holiday.
- Assistance with bathing, showering and personal care,
- Helping out of bed and putting to bed,
- Prompting medication if required,
- Cleaning and traditional home cooking,
- Accompanying to appointments, collecting pensions and prescriptions,
- Lifestyle support,
- Holiday assistance – accompanying clients on both home & overseas trips,
- Hospital sitting,
- Dementia support.